PlayStation VR Description
PlayStation VR is coming to Australia in October 2016 with a RRP of AU$549.95. From the moment you slip on PlayStation VR, the new Virtual Reality system for PlayStation 4, you’ll experience games in an entirely new way. You’ll be at the centre of the action, living every detail of extraordinary new worlds – and you’ll feel like you’re actually inside the game.
The Official PlayStation blog has posted all the latest news direct from the GDC and are expecting to have more than 50 games available from launch in October 2016 until the end of the year. The standalone PlayStation VR headset will be launching in UK, Ireland, France, Germany, Austria, Switzerland, Spain, Portugal, Italy, Belgium, Netherlands, Luxembourg, Australia, New Zealand, Poland, UAE, Saudi Arabia, Denmark, Sweden, Norway, Finland, Russia and Czech Republic, in October 2016.
PSVR Package contents:
- PSVR HMD.
- PlayRoom VR game.
- Processor unit.
- Stereo earbuds
- HDMI cable
- USB cable
- AC adaptor and power cord
- PS VR headset connection adaptor
Note: Camera and Move are required for operation and are not bundled.
Other noteworthy highlights Courtesy of Neogaf:
- Star Wars Battlefront exclusive PSVR title developed by EA DICE coming.
- PlayStation VR Worlds announced. New 1st party game by Sony London Studios.
- Launch games include RIGS: Mechanized Combat League, BattleZone, Tumble VR and many (in the tens) more.
- Play standard PS4 games and videos in virtual cinema.
- PS4 OS available in VR so full end-to-end service.
- Media Player being updated to support 360 photos and videos.
- 230 developer studios on board.
- 1920 x RGB x 1080 screen (20% more sub-pixels than competing VR hardware).
- Overview of Japanese developers including FROM Software: