Chromecast Audio Description
What is Chromecast Audio?
Chromecast Audio is a small media streaming device that plugs into the AUX input of your speaker, making your speaker WiFi enabled. Use your iPhone®, iPad®, Android phone or tablet, Mac® or Windows® Laptop, or Chromebook to cast your favourite music, radio stations and podcasts to any speaker in the house.
Easily cast music to your speakers
Tap the Cast button from your music apps to play on your speakers. Play, pause and turn up the volume right from your phone, anywhere in the house.
Listen to your favourites, anytime
Millions of songs, radio stations and podcasts from apps like Spotify, Google Play Music, and other favourites. Discover more at chromecast.com/audio.
Mirror any audio from your Android phone or Chrome browser
For apps that are not Cast-enabled, mirror exactly what's playing on your Android device to your speakers. Or, mirror any music streaming website from your laptop's Chrome browser.
Higher quality sound
Chromecast streams straight from the cloud so you get continuous high-quality sound - even when you leave the room.
Enjoy your music without interruption
Casting won't drain your battery or get in the way of other activities. Take a call, play a game, even leave the room - all without interrupting what's playing on your speakers.
Anyone can be the DJ
Friends and family can cast their music to your speakers using their own phones or tablet too - no additional pairing or set-up required.
Plug in and listen
Get started in 3 easy steps: Plug Chromecast Audio into your speakers and power, connect to WiFi, then tap the Cast button from your favourite audio apps to hear it on the speakers.
* Mirroring works with most Android devices
- Technical Specifications
- Chromecast Audio: 51.9 x 51.9 x 13.49 mm
- Audio cable: 146 mm
- Power cable: 1.75 m
- Weight: 30.7 g (0.068 lbs)
Ports & Connectors:
- 3.5mm jack with analog and optical digital audio output
- Wi-Fi 802.11ac (2.4GHz/5Ghz)
- Power: 5V, 1A power supply
What's in the box?
- Chromecast Audio
- 3.5mm analog stereo patch cable
- Power cable
- Power adapter
- A speaker system with an aux/line input, RCA or optical input (RCA and optical cables not included)
- WiFi network
- A compatible computer or mobile device. Minimum OS requirements are Android 4.1+, iOS 7.0+, Windows 7, or Mac OS X 10.7.
- Availability and performance of certain features, services and applications are device- and network-dependent and may not be available in all areas; subscription(s) may be required, and additional terms, conditions and/or charges may apply.