Sony a6500 Description
Hot on the heels of the recent Sony a6300, Sony has just announced a new flagship APS-C sensor camera - The Sony α6500 Premium E-mount APS-C Camera.
Improvements over the a6300 include a newly developed front-end LSI processor, which most notably results in a significantly expanded buffer), 5-axis IBIS and touchscreen LCD (though touch functionality is limited to AF point selection only).
What is in the box:
- 24.2mp Exmor CMOS image sensor
- New BIONZ X LSI chip
- In-body 5-axis sensor-shift image stabilization
- 425 phase-detection AF points
- 11 fps burst with significantly improved buffer (300 JPEGs or 100 Raw+JPEG frames)
- 4K video at 24/25/30fps with full pixel readout
- 1080p 60/120 fps
- S-Gamut/S-Log shooting
- 2.4-million-dot XGA OLED viewfinder
- Tiltable touch-screen LCD
- Dust and moisture resistance
- Magnesium alloy chassis
- Mic input (no headphone socket)
- Menu redesign
Release date is set for December, tracker will be updated to reflect this.