Victoria gutted by deadly bushfires: Absolute devastation
173 lives confirmed Dead and 750 homes destroyed in Victoria’s worst ever bushfire disaster. Surpassing The Ash Wednesday fires in devastation the Death Toll is likely to be well over 200.
- 173 Lives lost.
- Over 1000 homes destroyed.
- Healsville on high Alert
- Australian Red Cross Appeal
- DSE Website:Please note – due to unprecedented demand on this website, DSE is requesting that people who do not need to access this information for reasons of personal safety, please refrain from doing so.
Google has provided an alternative based on information available from the CFA website:
- Brian Naylor, former CH9 newsreader Brian Naylor confirmed dead by his solicitor via Sky News. His wife’s body found in Kinglake.
- Arson suspect charged in NSW.
- Government Pledges 10 Million dollars to help victims
- Australian Free to air TV starts covering the events the day after.
Victoria’s bushfires have so far claimed the lives of at least 126 people, although the death toll is expect to rise. Here is a list of the confirmed deaths.
Kinglake – 33
St Andrews – 6
Callignee – 9
Kinglake West – 9
Marysville – 10
Location details not specific – 6
Steeles Creek – 7
Flowerdale – 3
Hazelwood – 4
Wandong – 4
Humevale – 4
Koornalla – 4
Taggerty – 3
Hazeldene – 2
Mudgegonga – 2
Strathewan – 7
Jeeralang – 1
Arthurs Creek – 1
Eaglehawk – 1
Yarra Glen – 1
Narbethong – 8
Upper Callignee – 1
List provided by Victoria Police
Heartbreaking News. Victoria is braced for a day of mourning, with the death toll from the state’s rampant bushfires expected to now pass 100.
“Possibly one building left standing” in Marysville, as relentless bushfires engulfed the town north of Melbourne.”
A big community thanks to the Guys and Girls at the CFA, Volunteers and all the people helping out. You are doing a fantastic job.
I have disabled forum replies to this thread use This One instead.